What personal information does Fulfillmen.com gather?The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shipping experience at Fulfillmen.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- The information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you price, ship, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom packages have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in your address book; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shipping for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- Behavioral “retargeting” Advertising: We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, company, address, email address, or telephone number) cookies or web beacons to collect non-personally identifiable information such as IP address, pages viewed, and if a conversion and other information about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, for more information about behavioral advertising and how it uses your anonymous info, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.
- E-mail communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Fulfillmen.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please go to the My Account link in the header of any Fulfillmen page and adjust your Newsletter preferences.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next shipment or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information; pricing criteria and pricing result information; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit services to some customers.
Does Fulfillmen.com share the information it receives?Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated businesses we do not control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. Examples of co-branded and joint offerings include carriers which handle the delivery of your packages, and brokers which provide your packages with cargo insurance. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of our customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please go to the My Account link in the header of any Fulfillmen page and adjust your Newsletter preferences.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
- Law Enforcement: Fulfillmen’s policy is to notify members of requests for their data unless it is prohibited from doing so by statute or court order. Law enforcement officials who believe that notification would jeopardize an investigation should obtain an appropriate court order or another process that specifically precludes member notification.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.